Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

Well, it's about time I posted some pictures. The events won't be in chronological order, as I don't have all the pictures from the wedding yet. So I'll start with posting some other things.

We had our 2nd wedding ceremony last night with the Gypsies. It was pretty informal. Jonathan's dad preached, Gina (a Gypsy lady) sang a song about Christ and His bride, and then we did our vows in Romanian. It was a bit of a challenge - I had to have the vows said slowly so that I could remember what to say. Any more than a few syllables and I couldn't remember what the first one was by the time we got to the last one! :)

Below are some pictures. Jonathan did kiss the bride, but apparently the camera shot it too late. :) Afterwards we had some dessert and juice.





After our service with the Gypsies, we had dinner and then went to a New Year's Eve fellowship. We had a fun time, and I even got to play several rounds of Round Robin! Shortly before midnight, we all went downtown to watch the fireworks. Happy 2014!

6 comments:

  1. Cool! Does this mean that if you decide to take that return flight you have to get divorced twice??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... guess so... That would be really inconvenient!! :-P

      Delete
  2. You didn't even have to miss the Round Robin! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristy, So great to see you blogging! I enjoyed the pics and Jonathan's letter. :) We miss you, but are thankful that you and Jonathan are happy in ministry together! You are missing some record breaking cold weather here. My husband is at the barn right now (7:30 p.m.) thawing frozen water lines and repairing some that broke. :( I guess it will be a late supper tonight!

    Take care and keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! Yes, I'm very glad I missed that cold spell!!! It's been fairly mild here, with temperatures in the 40s and 50s - definitely a blessing when we're heating with wood stoves!

      Delete

All comments are moderated. I would love to hear from you, though! Please leave me a note, and it will be published soon.